Saturday, October 16, 2010

Hellos and goodbyes

Yesterday was a long day.. aren't they all. Went to work left early to get ready for my cousin Lizzy's wedding... As I was watching her and her now husband Albert say their vows I couldn't stop thinking about how I remembered this goofy little teen cheering for Carson High and being in the youth at church... Now a wife and continuing to love the Lord and wanting to serve at their church. Hello... and then there's goodbye... after wedding went to Action House to see the teens and prepare to say goodbye to Cass and Felicia who I was also reminiscent about their youth... seeing these two girls grown up the last 9 years. From cello lessons to skate parks to weird adolescent awkward phases to now growing up and graduations and getting jobs, moving across country. What I breath! We are here for such a time and it really does catch up to us. As i'm watching all these changes and getting teary eyed I'm also thankful for the relationships God has allowed me to build. I pray and hope that the girls and their family will find a church and that true worship will consume their hearts. I pray for the Albert and Lizzy's marriage and that they always stand firm on God's word and their salvation.. loving one another and submitting to one another as they've already submitted to Christ.
An old face -- Joey was there to say hello and who once said goodbye years ago... funny how at times hellos and goodbyes having this revolving nature... Joey who was at the youth group when Lizzy attended hasn't been to Carson for years. But it's good to see him back. Praying that he will come to service and seek after the Lord. God in his infinite sovereignty and knowledge of our precious souls-- knows exactly when we are needing him the most--- pretty much everyday... but for those who have yet to commit... that's no accident finding yourself in the midst of believers you once knew. Hello again.

No comments: