Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Writing Again

Sunday was great. It was a hot day but the Lord's house was nice and cool. As I spoke with my sister Holly, it was amazing how the holy spirit was pressing on my soul. He was there as I was able to encourage Holly. He was there when Adam and I spoke about our dreams and had one of the most delightful afternoons.

Who knew my muffin could be so playful. I love learning new things about my soulmate.

Well as the evening came to a close.. there we were at our kitchen table - he was working modifying a figure and I was working on a new piece. After 3 hours in our respective grooves not many actual words spoken between us, yet volumes said. As we sit and work on our dreams... it was amazing to feel the Lord cheering us in our gifts.

I missed writing so much.. and that night i realized something. That I'm going to have a book. A book of poetry..even if it's post mordem or some book that ends up on the 99ct store shelf. I am going to do it.--

So I started looking at publishers and writing contests and I entered one. I'm not expecting amazing praise. I just want to have a book that might inspire and encourage someone someday.. more than that I want my work to praise God and show the transformed life I lead.... this is not the norm for me.

Now if you've ever read my poetry, you'll see a theme of catharsis due to the painful moments in my life. I always seemed to do my best writing when working through a trial, but now I'm seeing an amazing evolution in how God has purposed me to write. I write to give him glory. As I wrap my head around this new found hunger in telling a story through God's grace in my life... I am inspired, hopeful and grateful for the voice he had given me.