Monday, June 11, 2012

Family

So here we are a new family... Just Adam and I.. Ha.. There's still the lingeringness of the family from where you once came... sure there are days when they are supportive and sweet and altogether meaning well in their criticsm of you... but then there are days when the buttons they push are still readily accessible and well... kaboom!!!!

It doesn't seem to matter how old you get...  parents are stiller older and as they would claim wiser... this is subjective to say in the least...

What i do understand is that no matter what happens there is this choice to make-- love them or don't... I often lean towards the don't when I've been boxed in a corner... but this is wrong and I understand that my choice should always be to love--- Christ loved me first --- unconditionally... so here I go.. chosing to love.. It's hard folks, especially when the person you're trying to love rejects you... oh but wait... I guess that's how I was and can still be towards Christ..

Breaking
the bones
of my flesh
the words
that crash through
the delibrate
uncensored hate
You spoke them
raw, unfiltered
My brusies covered
Scars healed
Each vindictive sentence
Poisionous phrase
Swallowed by fire
Refined by his grace
The words sting
Deep cuts
now made clean
Washed by the blood
Made whole
By the King


Remembering that I was given a family to learn from, live with and love actively..
Thankful that I am adopted by God's grace into his family.